Tuesday, June 12th: Last storytime before closing for renovation
Friday, June 15th: First day entire library is closed to public
Monday, July 9th: Grand Re-Opening & Open House from 6-8 PM
Tuesday, July 10th: Regular Business Hours from 10 AM—8 PM
There will be no other classes or events for adults or children before the closing. Stay tuned for our Youth Summer Reading program and other adult class information.
- We have extended due dates to July 10th for all items checked out on & after June 5th and will not charge late fines due to the closing.
- We will collect from our book drop, so feel free to return items there during the closing.
- We encourage you to visit our neighboring libraries in Lima, Livonia, Geneseo, and Caledonia.
- If you want to receive requested hold items during our closing, you can change your pick-up location to another library using your online OWWL account. Any library would also be happy to help you with that.
- Please check our website avonfreelibrary.org/renovation or our Facebook page for updates.
See photos of the project below:
We are expanding the size of our meeting room, creating new small study room, updating the children’s library, and re-configuring sections of the main floor bookcases and employee space. The historic value of this building is as important to us as it is to you and is being protected throughout the project. The most dramatic changes are in the lower lever with minimal impact in our history-rich great room.
The estimated cost of the project is $344,000. We have secured $127,000 in a NY state construction grant and Sen. Gallivan has been gracious in directing $100,000 to our project.* The Library is contributing $40,000. Throughout 2017, we will be hosting a fund-raising campaign to make up the remaining $77,000, please consider donating. We have created a Paypal account to make it very easy:
* From Senator Patrick M. Gallivan~ “In many communities, the public library plays an important role in the lives of residents of all ages, whether they are doing research, looking for a book or movie, or searching the internet. I am proud to help secure funding that will allow the Avon Free Library to better meet the needs of the community by expanding its public space and becoming more efficient in how it delivers these vital services.”