On Books, Audio Books, Magazines, & Activity Kits. We still hope you’ll bring your items back by the due date, but we won’t charge you if you just couldn’t get here on time.
Currently, masks are optional for vaccinated library visitors. We thank our staff and library users for their patience and kindness as we navigate the changing landscape. We are able to provide a mask if you need one.
From the Governor’s Page:
Given that the CDC has advised that fully vaccinated individuals do not need to wear masks and over 52 percent of New Yorkers over the age of 18 are fully vaccinated, the State will authorize businesses to continue to require masks for all in their establishments, consistent with the CDC guidance. In most settings, vaccinated individuals will not be required to wear a mask. Unvaccinated individuals, under both CDC and state guidance must wear masks in all public settings.
The Department of Health strongly recommends masks in indoor settings where vaccination status of individuals is unknown. Mask requirements by businesses must adhere to all applicable federal and state laws and regulations.
Early Literacy Story Time returns on Tuesdays and Fridays… virtually!
Please register and learn more here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdcqUR12uH_CBM8PdjMPl9RFgF0oJOub2_eXpeE85g_DK1Jyw/viewform
- 30 Minute Visits,
- All Areas of the Library (limited occupancy),
- Masks Required,
- Sanitize Hands and/or Wear Gloves,
- Maintain Social Distance.
The library is open for other services including: contactless pick-up, computer & WiFi use, and copy/scan/fax services, and our book drop is open for returns of library materials. The contactless pick-up service allows you up to 7 holds on your account.
Also of note:
- Items returned to the book drop will be quarantined for at least 72 hours before staff check them in, so you will see a delay in items being removed from your account, but without penalty.
- Due dates and accrual of late fines are extended to September 30th for items checked out before March 15th. However, we encourage you to bring back completed items so we can get them ready for the next user.
- Library card accounts will not expire for the time being.
- Our OWWL2go services including e-books and audio e-books through OWWL2Go, Ancestry.com, and Mango Languages are still available online.
- We are exploring ways to bring you other modified services, so stay tuned for details.
Call the library, visit our website at avonfreelibrary.org, and follow us on Facebook. Thank you for your understanding and stay healthy.
Rebecca Budinger-Mulhearn, Director
The Library Board of Trustees will hold an in-person board meeting on Monday, October 25, 2021 at 6:30 PM at the library.
If you plan to attend as a member of the public, please notify the director, Rebecca Budinger-Mulhearn, via email at email@example.com or by calling the library at 585-226-8461 so that we can assure that we have enough space in the meeting room. Thank you.